The body of a man who died of natural causes was repast for a funeral dinner, and the food wasn’t as good as it could have been.
The man, from Georgia, died in August 2015 of natural cause, but his family says the dish was so awful they made a point of leaving out the body, as repast was a holiday tradition at his funeral.
“I thought he was going to get to eat the whole thing,” his mother, Joanna, told WSB-TV.
“It was just terrible.”
The family didn’t realize how bad the dish would turn out until it was over, according to a video posted on Facebook.
The video shows the family’s cook, who was also the owner of the restaurant, cooking a dish called “Repast.”
“I was cooking a repast with him, and he was just like, ‘Oh my god, I’m sorry, I didn’t think it was that bad,'” Joanna said.
“I’m like, I thought he would be okay.”
But the repast didn’t work out that well.
The man, who had a body temperature of 115 degrees Fahrenheit (38 Celsius), was unable to consume the repasts, which were cooked in a sauce that was too hot for him.
The dish was made from a repasstoasted, leftover roast beef and a whole cow.
Joanna called it “a disgrace.”
“It was terrible,” she said.
“The whole thing was a disgrace.”
According to the Georgia Department of Health, repasts can be harmful for the liver, kidneys, and other organs.
“There are no guarantees,” said Dr. Karen Hickey, the medical director of the Department of Food, Nutrition and the Prevention of Chronic Disease at the University of Georgia.
“What is really going to happen is they’re going to be left behind, and that’s not healthy for anybody,” she added.
“They’re not going to taste good, and they’re not supposed to taste that good.
And they’re very, very bad for people who are dealing with liver disease.”
The body is being sent to a funeral home for repasts.
“We’re trying to get this guy cremated,” said Joanna.
“We want him to be remembered as a good man.”